We are a community project and registered charity (no. 1153791) providing emergency (three-day) food parcels to individuals and families in short term financial crisis across the Canterbury District (Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay and surrounding villages).
We are a Christian-led project that brings together volunteers of all faiths and none to provide a vital service to people in short-term need.Want to find out more? Click here to download our latest newsletter (March 2017).
If you’d like to make a donation by credit/debit card or Paypal please click the button below:
Click here to download a standing order/gift aid form. Please complete this and return to the address on our contact us page.
Our operating objectives are to:
- Build a regular and sustainable supply of food and financial donations to enable the provision of emergency food parcels, education and support;
- Provide education and advice to assist those in need, including, but not limited to, cooking, diet, food safety and budgeting;
- Build strong on-going relationships with local agencies and other relevant organisations to provide support and resources;
- Recruit and maintain a team of dedicated and trained staff and volunteers from the local community;
- Ensure all infrastructure – including required facilities, vehicles and materials – is in place and within budget;
- Ensure a strong governance structure and supporting communication channels are in place to enable the successful running of the Charity and to ensure the charity status is maintained;
- Contribute to the wider debate on the cause and effects of poverty and hunger in the district.