Canterbury Food Bank works on a referral system. A food voucher can be obtained from a referral agency that is working to help you. This can be brought to the distribution centre to receive three days' worth of emergency food. Please bring ID.
We are currently working with a number of referral agencies including the following.
Vouchers can be obtained from these agencies:
Available to all:
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Canterbury Debt Advice Centre
- Christians Against Poverty
- NHS Health Trainers
- Salvation Army
For those who use these organisations:
We cannot provide a food parcel without a voucher.
- The Women’s Refuge
- Age UK
- Brtitish Red Cross
- Catching Lives
- Canterbury City Council
- CASA Support
- Early Help
- Children's Centres
- East Kent Housing Association
- Social Services
- Social Services Mental Health Team
- The Probation Service
- Thannington Neighbourhood Resource Project
- Health Visitors
- Royal British Legion
- East Kent Community Drug and Alcohol Service (Turning Point)
- Town and Country Housing
- Sanctuary Housing
- Hersden Community Centre
- Primary Schools via Family Liaison Officers
When you collect your food, your details will be documented and stored on our database (click here
to view our data protection policy). There is a limit of five food vouchers per rolling year, per individual/family.
We have three weekly distribution venues:
Food Bank Flier - click here
- Canterbury: St Dunstan’s Church Hall (behind the church at the junction of St Dunstan's Street and London Road, Canterbury CT2 8LS) – Friday 12pm to 1.30pm. Click here for map. There is a Citizen Advice Bureau adviser at this cafe and a debt adviser from Christians Against Poverty. Connecting Canterbury are also available.
- Canterbury: All Saints Church (Military Road, Canterbury CT1 1PA) - Tuesday 9.30am to 11am. Click here for map. There is a Citizen Advice Bureau adviser at this cafe. Connecting Canterbury are also available.
- Herne Bay: St Andrew’s Christian Centre (Hampton Pier Avenue, Herne Bay CT6 8DY) - Tuesday 12.30pm to 2pm. Click here for map. Herne Bay Community Support and Kent Savers are also available.
Please ensure that you have the means to get your food home, as food parcels are heavy, particularly for a whole family. There is limited car parking available at/near the churches, if required.Click here
to download a selection of recipes that can be made using the contents of a food parcel with a few store cupboard extras. Many of the extras can be found on our bonus tables at the distribution cafes.
For more information on becoming one of our partnership agencies, please contact us